Thursday, October 23, 2008

A WOMAN-IN-WAITING

10 days off work, spent away from the television and in front of arty projects I can sell either on ebay or in local shops – that lies ahead of me. But, November is National Novel-writing Month, so I’ll need to do that too. How am I going to get this lazy old body to take part in all these things?

If only I could be dragged through this creative mud, wouldn’t it be fabulous? It might change my life completely and I would be completely delirious – why can’t I set it up? I tell people all the time to make changes in their lives, sometimes five or six times a night; I must take my own advice.

Life with the car is better because I get more things squeezed into the hours in my day, when I can be bothered and if I don’t take any notice of the weather – which is howling behind my head as I type, so I might not go to the garage and have two new back tires. I can’t stay here till it’s time for work because there’s no food; shopping is a necessity.

The fact that I’m living in a junk shop, surrounded by bags and boxes of stuff doesn’t make me get up and tidy it; that would be wasted effort because it’s going to be moved soon enough. My bed is an island in a sea of God-knows-what and I’m waiting, waiting, waiting for the phone call about the keys of my new flat.

The thought of paid holiday is very exciting but I’m pulled down by imagining all the intrusions; if I’m not careful I’ll spend it all doing things for other people and not arty-crafting and writing. I’ll wave my magic wand and forbid myself from running family around; I’ll get up early and have long, long days; I’ll wander around the loch taking pictures, notes and pick up leaves for art.

Only time will tell, but there might be some interesting posts as I beat myself up…and, I think I’m going to take the bluebeard novel to Nano – there’s loads of sex in that, so there might be little clips of that! But now I have to go out in that weather for lovely food.

3 comments:

BetteJo said...

Oh I am SO bad lately about doing ANYTHING. I take a few days off work thinking I will do all kinds of things and instead - I sit on the internet. Hope you are way more well-behaved than I am!

slippingthroughtheworld said...

NOT well-behaved in this area at all bettejo, but i aim to be better; i have great intentions - all i need is a great injection up the backside! x

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene

I've tagged you with a new "Spread the Word" tag - details here: http://writingandallthat.wordpress.com/2008/10/26/spread-the-word-again-a-new-tag/

Feel free to ignore if you don't want to do it!

Caro