Thursday, May 04, 2006

GREETINGS FROM ALICANTE

Well, I arrived in spain to storms and the news that Lush has fallen and broken her hip! she´s in hospital in Elche. Lulu, Lexy and Bitsy met me at the airport. It was great to see Lexy; I haven´t seen her since last June - she´s so thin. She´s got a skinny arse, just like a bloke; no hips. We just went home and had a few glasses of wine and sat watching the lightening, trying unsuccessfully to catch it on camera.

Yesterday Lulu, Lexy, Bitsy, Chris and I drove through to Elche to see Lush. She was full of complaints. She´s got to get all the paperwork done before they can operate, and they´re a day behind on their list because of the Mayday holiday. So, it should be tomorrow; she´s on a morphine drip now and seems alright. She said, ´I must look a mess.´ I told her she looked okay and took a picture of her with my phone to show her, and she said, ´Christ I´m all double chins.´ I told her that I hadn´t taken the photo so she could say ´Do I look fat in this?´

We left Lush reclining in her traction and drove on to Guardamar to see the showroom that Lulu is setting up for her new business selling the fancy showers. Looking really good. Last time I saw it, in February, it was just a shell of a unit, just bricks and concrete. Now it´s got smooth walls and ceiling, a kitchen, toilet and beautiful shiny tiled floor. Lulu is almost a real business woman. We went next door to the lovely Chinese restaurant, THE WOK and had fab food. It´s a buffet and with the main course you fill your plate with the raw food, take it to the chef and he cooks it in the wok, with your choice of sauce; all fresh, hot and steaming. We couldn´t move afterwards. For sweet I had two icecreams...then Lexy came back with cheesecake, so I had to have some of that too!

Spent the rest of the night in bed with a movie on the laptop; THE COLDITZ STORY I got it free at WH. Smith. I had a lovely cup of Earl Grey tea and settled into my comfy bed...it was only 9pm! Lexy sat downstairs watching IT´S A WONDERFUL LIFE.

Raining this morning...well it has been and the place is full of puddles. Have just bought loads of fruit at the market; a little case of strawberries, melon, pineapple and oranges. I plan to be good, well for this week at least, though I keep having flashes of chocolate in my mind.

No comments: