Sunday, May 25, 2008

CHOCOLATE AND WILLPOWER

I am sitting amongst copious amounts of chocolate, at last. I've been good for a whole week - didn't know I had that much will-power! But today was the day, and I deserve a treat. Now I'm stuffed but happy. Happy too because I had an idea for a new project this morning and let it control me all day, which has ended in the creation of a new blog just for it; the blog-novel will be an interesting (I hope) development to watch. It's called THE POST and can be found in my links or profile, or click here. I am planning a twice-weekly delivery of posts, so let's see if I can keep that up.

Sylvia called me this morning and we babbled on for more than two hours; that's probably one of the reasons I keep either forgetting to call her or putting it off till there's more time - because I know we're at it for hours! But these little bits of time just multiply into years. We usually just pick up where we left off, as if we'd met up only weeks before but it will have been years - this time it might be about four. It's good to talk. She is well and is the proud gran of three. It's so hard to believe that we'll be 60 in six years; where the hell did it all go?

UPDATE: still going the Artist's Way and doing my morning pages; Morag is coming along nicely so we're leaning towards optimistic again; but I haven't really cleaned anything for a while, so am living in the valley of dust. Can't have it all, I suppose.

No comments: